21 May 2007

Wanderlust

To be a sailor of the world bound for all ports,
A ship itself, (see indeed these sails I spread to the sun and air,)
A swift and swelling ship full of rich words, full of joys.

- Walt Whitman, via Dead Poets Society, which I watched five times this semester with various classes and never want to see again.

Now that it’s official, I would like to share that I’ve done something that I spent a significant part of this year thinking I would never do – I’ve accepted an offer to renew my grant and stay in Russia for another year!

This is good news for lovers of my blog, I guess, since I can continue writing about my Russian misadventures, but I’m sad (kind of) to say that there will be no more Far Eastern misadventures to report – I’ll most likely be somewhere west of the Urals, either in a very old city that starts with a K and is located on the Volga, or in (another!) seaside city at the edge of Russia (different edge, though) that starts with a T. Both cities’ names have the stress on the last syllable. If you can guess what cities they are (doesn’t count if I’ve already told you!), you win a prize!

But, one question remains: should I change the name of the blog?

No comments: